Monday, December 17, 2007

Why I hate Ron Paul supporters??

Why I hate Ron Paul supporters. They are making me less apathetic towards politics. I didn't want this. I just wanted to continue to believe that the people we call "politicians" would always work for the public interest. I envisioned the perfect life of being a lemming led to whatever end by “the guiding hand”. But now, I’m afraid this utopian dream is fading like a good pair of blue jeans. Actually – you know – after I think about it a little bit more I like a good pair of faded blue jeans.

You may ask me why I am supporting Ron Paul. Is it because I ‘m jumping on the “bandwagon”? Well yes and no. Let me explain. The bandwagon that you speak of is part of the reason I support Ron Paul. Without said bandwagon, the apathy of stale politics would probably continue. He is one of the only candidates who seems to not be put on layaway by Corporate interest groups. He is for limiting government and increasing the freedoms that exist. Also, he wants to cut away at bad governmental spending that has expanded under the Bush presidency.

However, I am not jumping on this bandwagon without researching what defines Ron Paul. I don’t like his isolationist stance on foreign policy. I think that his programs for border security and immigration are definitely hard-line. I think his stance on abortion might be a little too black and white. But I do think that he would be a president that would listen to the pros and cons before jumping headlong into any decision. Hell, if I had to align my views with a particular presidential candidate, it would be Kucinich. It seems, however, that Kucinich is a side-note in the democratic presidential primary.

If you think what I am saying might make some sense, research Ron Paul and see if he makes sense for you. If you think as I think and feel as I feel, see if you can change your political affiliation to vote for him in the primary. Act quickly though, the deadline for changing your party affiliation for Nevada is December 19th and many other states are (have) coming upon deadlines as well.

An American that wants to see change,

Jon Losey

No comments: